Wednesday, March 11, 2009

when cupid strikes


Just when I thought real love wouldn't come around my way. I know it cliché but I'll say it anyway : I am the luckiest woman in the world! I met Kyle at the Las Vegas Palms Casino March of 2007. I was suppose to meet someone at a club called moon and Kyle was suppose to go inside the same club but he was wearing white sneakers . I end up not meeting the guy and decided to just still at a bar and play some slots machine. 30 mins later Kyle sat right next to me and ask what I was playing. I didn't really paid attention at first, then he asked me the same exact question in a span of a min. I thought it was cute. Then I looked at him and saw his big brown eye. I was mesmerized. It got even more interesting when he told me his name was Kyle. Since I was a kid I already made up my mind that if I had a son I was going to name him Kyle. I just thought it was crazy. Then he told me he was from New York. My first thoughts was "great! Just when you met the perfect guy!". Anyway, he told me he's in Las Vegas to celebrate his sister's engagement and he will be in Vegas for 4 days. Just so happen I have 4 days off work so we end up spending the best 4 days of my life! I was reluctant to start a relationship with somebody that lives 2,500 miles, but what the hell, the chemistry is SO there!

I had to admit, it is REALLY hard to have a long distance relationship; dropping each other at the airport, not seeing each other, not being able to share special moments together. I thought it will get better as time comes but that wasn't the case. I'm just so lucky that I have a great job that allows us to see each other every now and then. I could be worse. We both will need to be extra strong compare to normal relationship. The trust and loyalty needs to be there. Sure we have our down moments, but if the love is strong…we know we can make it through.

We've have talked about our situation and we both agreed that if the right time comes that we will settle in Long Island. He didn't think Las Vegas is a good place to live and so do I. I fell in love with Long Island the moment I step foot in it. The greatest thing about this city is that you can drive 30 mins to New York City or you can drive 30 mins to the beach! Its so perfect!


I'm currently in New York to celebrate our 2nd Yr. anniversary. I couldn't believe it's been that long. It seems like yesterday because I still feel the butterfly in my stomach just like the first day I met him.

No comments:

Post a Comment